Saturday, January 8, 2011

OFFERING OF COMMUNION


AN OFFERING OF COMMUNION

I OFFER Thee, O my God! the Mass and communion of tomorrow, to the honor and glory of Thy most holy name, in commemoration of Thy sacred Passion, in thanksgiving for all Thy benefits, in satisfaction for all my sins, and as a means of obtaining all the graces I stand in need of, in order to serve Thy divine Majesty in the most perfect manner possible to me. I offer this holy communion to Thee, O eternal Father, in union with the offering my dear Redeemer made of Himself upon the cross, in thanksgiving for my creation, redemption, and preservation, in union with all the intentions my divine Saviour had in the institution of this Most Holy Sacrament, that I may become more meek, humble, particularly charitable, obedient, patient, and mortified; that I may always do Thy will with exactness, fervor, and perseverance; and that in all my actions I may aim at perfection. I offer it as an atonement to the adorable Heart of my most loving Jesus, for all the outrages it has received, from myself and all mankind. I also offer it for N.N., for the conversion of sinners, the perseverance of the just, and for the relief of the souls in purgatory.

 "Holy Communion increases our union with Christ and with His Church. It preserves and renews the life of grace received at Baptism and Confirmation and makes us grow in love for our neighbor. It strengthens us in charity, wipes away venial sins and preserves us from mortal sin in the future."

- Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, 292 

No comments:

Post a Comment