Saturday, November 13, 2010

SHORT FORM OF EVENING PRAYER


SHORT FORM OF EVENING PRAYER

IN the name of the Father, + and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Come, Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Thy love.

Pater Noster, Ave Maria, Credo.

I ADORE Thee, O my God, and return Thee thanks for all the benefits which I have ever received from Thee, and particularly this day. Give me light to see what sins I have committed during the past day, and grant me grace to be truly sorry for them.

(Here examine your conscience.)

Offences against God ; against your neighbor; against yourself,

Where have you been? With whom have you been?

Commandments of God; poverty, chastity, obedience; the Holy Rule; the predominant passion; resolutions; prayers, works, and sufferings. Does your conscience reproach you with regard to any of these points?

O MY God, forgive me my offences; I am truly sorry for having sinned, because Thou art infinitely good, and sin displeases Thee. I purpose, with the help of Thy grace, never to sin again. I love Thee above all things, and with my whole heart, because Thou art infinitely amiable and worthy of all love.

I beseech Thee, Lord, to preserve me this night, and to keep me from all sin. I take this sleep to please Thee, and I have the intention to love Thee, praise Thee, and thank Thee with every breath I draw, in union with the angels and saints in heaven.

O MOST amiable Heart of Jesus! let me, my relatives, and friends, and all that have commended themselves to my prayer, and for whom I am bound to pray, especially our reverend Mother, experience Thy most powerful aid. Assist them individually in their necessities. O Heart full of mercies! convert all hardened hearts, console the souls in purgatory, be the refuge of the dying, the consolation of all distressed and suffering. Above all, be the refuge of ray soul at the hour of death, and receive it into the bosom of Thy mercy. In it I sleep securely and rest in peace.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father, etc.

MAY the Heart of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time.

Mary, my dear Mother, bless me, and keep me under thy protecting mantle.
St. Joseph, my good angel, and my dear patron saints, pray for me.

MAY Our Lord bless us, and preserve us from all evil, and bring us to life everlasting.
And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment