Saturday, November 13, 2010

EVENING PRAYERS


 IN the name of the Father, + and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Come, O Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Thy love.

Place Yourself in the Presence of God and Humbly Adore Him.

God! the Lord of heaven and earth! I prostrate myself before Thee. With the adorable Heart of Jesus, the immaculate heart of Mary, and with all Thy angels and saints, I adore Thee, and render to Thee the homage of my being and life. I acknowledge Thee to be my Creator and sovereign Lord. I devote myself to Thy divine service now and for ever. Amen.

 AN ACT OF FAITH

MY God! I firmly believe all the sacred truths which Thy Holy Catholic Church believes and teaches; because Thou hast revealed them, Who canst neither deceive nor be deceived.
 
AN ACT OF HOPE

MY God! relying on Thy infinite power, goodness, and promises, I hope to obtain the pardon of my sins, the assistance of Thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer.
 
AN ACT OF LOVE

MY God! I love Thee above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because Thou art infinitely amiable, and deserving of all love. I love, also, my neighbor as myself, for the love of Thee. I forgive all who have injured me, and ask pardon of all whom I have injured.

Pater Noster, Ave Maria, and Credo

Return Thanks to God for all His Mercies.

I THANK Thee, O my God, for all Thy benefits. How can I thank Thee worthily for Thy inestimable graces? Thou hast thought of me and loved me from all eternity; Thou hast formed me out of nothing; Thou hast delivered up Thy beloved Son to the ignominious death of the cross for my redemption; Thou hast made me a member of Thy holy Church; Thou hast even called me to the religious life; Thou hast preserved me from falling into the abyss of eternal misery, when my sins had provoked Thee to punish me; Thou hast graciously continued to spare me, even though I have not ceased to offend Thee. What return, O my God, can I make for Thy innumerable blessings and particularly for the favors of this day? O all ye saints and angels, unite with me in praising the God of mercies, Who is so bountiful to so unworthy a creature.

Ask God for Light to Discover the Sins Committed this Day.

MY God, sovereign Judge of men, Who desirest not the death of a sinner, but that he should be converted and saved, enlighten my mind, that I may know the sins which I have this day committed in thought, word, and deed, and give me the grace of true contrition.

Here Examine your Conscience; then Say:

MY God, I heartily repent, and am grieved that I have offended Thee, because Thou art infinitely good and sin is infinitely displeasing to Thee. I humbly ask of Thee mercy and pardon, through the infinite merits of Jesus Christ. I resolve by the assistance of Thy grace, to do penance for my sins, and I will endeavor never more to offend Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment