Saturday, November 13, 2010

A PRAYER FOR A HAPPY DEATH


A PRAYER FOR A HAPPY DEATH

In Connection with the Seven Last Words of Our Lord on the Cross.

DIVINE Jesus! Incarnate Word of God! Who having taken flesh for my salvation, didst vouchsafe to be born in a stable, to lead a life of poverty, toil, and love, and finally to expire in agony on the cross: Say, I beseech Thee, to Thy eternal Father at the moment of my death: " Father, forgive her; " say to Thy blessed Mother: " Behold thy child;" say to my soul: " Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise."

My God, my God, forsake me not in that hour! "I thirst!" Yea, my soul thirsts, O my God, after Thee; Thou art the Fountain of living waters.

My life is passing away as a tale that is told; yet a little while, and all will be " consummated ;" therefore my adorable Saviour, even from this moment, for all eternity: "Into Thy hands I commend my spirit." My Jesus, mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment