Saturday, November 13, 2010

PRAYER FOR THE CHURCH, THE LIVING AND FOR THE FAITHFUL DEAPRTED


Pray for the Church of Christ

O GOD, hear my prayers in behalf of our holy Father Pope N., our bishops, our clergy, and for all that are in authority over us. Bless, I beseech Thee, the whole Catholic Church, and convert all heretics and unbelievers.

Let us pray for our Reverend Mother. (See Morning Prayers), or say the Memorare for her.

Pray for the Living and for the Faithful Departed.

POUR down Thy blessings, O Lord, upon all our friends, relations and benefactors. Bless our Institute. Help the poor and sick, and those who are in their last agony. O God of mercy and goodness, have compassion on the souls, of the faithful in purgatory; put an end to their sufferings, and grant to them eternal light, rest, and happiness. Have pity especially upon the souls of our Superiors, and of the Sisters who once dwelt in this house, and who have gone before us, through the portals of death, into the house of eternity.

V. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine
R. Et lux perpetua luceat eis. Amen.

Commend Yourself to God, to the Blessed Virgin, and the Saints.

BLESS, O Lord, the repose I am about to take, that, my bodily strength being renewed, I may be the better enabled to serve Thee.

BLESSED Virgin Mary, Mother of mercy, pray for me that I may be preserved this night from all evil, whether of body or soul. Dear St. Joseph, all ye saints and angels, and especially you, my guardian angel and my chosen patron, watch over me. I commend myself to your protection now and always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment