Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SPIRITUAL EXERCISES IN THE MORNING

I. Aspirations and Invocations.
II. Mental Prayer.
III. Vocal Prayer.

On Awaking and Arising

ASPIRATIONS

In the name of the Father + and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

THE ANGELIC TRISAGION

SANCTUS, Sanctus, Sanctus, HOLY, holy, holy, Lord God of hosts:
Dominus Deus; exercituum: the earth is full of Thy glory.
Plena est terra gloria tua: Glory be to the Father,
Gloria Patri, gloria Filio, glory be to the Son,
gloria Spiritui Sancto. glory be to the Holy Ghost.

Indulgence of 100 days, once a day. Clement XIV., June 6, 1769.

Omnia ad majorem Dei gloriam!


PRAYER WHILE DRESSING

CLOTHE me, my Lord, with the robe of innocence; invest me, O most loving Jesus, true Spouse of my soul, with the wedding-garment of charity. Permit not that I appear stripped of good works before Thy face. Let me ever be loyal to Thee, and faithful to my promises.

Or, the following may be said:

CLOTHE me, my Lord, with the robe of innocence, and adorn my heart, O divine Spouse of my soul, with all the virtues that are pleasing to Thee; especially with humility, obedience, purity, charity, and an exact fidelity to my holy rules and vows.


PUTTING ON THE HABIT

GOOD Jesus, divine Spouse of my soul, I thank Thee for this cherished token of my allegiance to Thee; and I beseech Thee, that, with Thy grace, I may preserve unsullied the wedding-garment with which Thou didst invest my soul on the blessed day of my consecration to Thee.

In spirit cast yourself into the Sacred Heart of Jesus and say some ejaculatory prayer.


PRAYER OF ST. GERTRUDE ON AWAKING

Our divine Lord said to St. Mechtilde: When you awake in the morning, let your first act be to salute My Heart, and to offer Me your own.

I ADORE, praise, and salute Thee, O most sweet Heart of Jesus Christ, fresh and gladdening as the breath of spring, from which, as from a fountain of graces, sweeter than the honeycomb floweth evermore all good and all delight. I thank Thee with all the powers of my heart for having preserved me throughout this night, and for having rendered to God the Father praises and thanksgivings on my behalf. And now, O my sweet Love, I offer Thee my wretched and worthless heart as a morning sacrifice; I place it in Thy most tender Heart, and entrust it to Thy keeping; beseeching Thee that Thou wouldst deign to pour into it Thy divine inspirations, and to enkindle it with Thy holy love. Amen.


PRAYER OF BLESSED MARGARET

I BELIEVE that my Redeemer liveth, and that I shall rise again on the last day. Grant, O my God, that my resurrection be a glorious one. This hope rests in my heart. Replenish it, O God, so copiously with Thyself, that space be no longer found therein for creatures, for myself, or for earthly things. Permit me not, O Jesus, to fall from bodily into spiritual sleep, but awaken my heart, my spirit, and my will unto Thy love, in which I desire to persevere, like the angels, without interruption. O my divine Spouse, unite me so intimately with Thee that nothing shall be able to sever me from Thee. Thou art my life, my treasure, and my sole consolation. Let external occupations withdraw me not a moment from Thy holy presence, but let them rather be the means of a closer union with Thee.

O SACRED Heart of Jesus! O Heart of love! Wilt Thou have my poor heart? Take it, and plunge it into Thy Heart, that burning furnace of divine love, that it may be inflamed with charity.

O MOST amiable Heart! I love Thee because Thou art goodness itself. I offer Thee my heart and my whole being, in order to honor and glorify Thee now and for ever. Let me never displease Thee ; help me ever to do what is most pleasing to Thee.


EJACULATION TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS

MAY the Heart of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.

Indulgence of 100 days, once a day. Pius IX., Feb. 29, 1868.

No comments:

Post a Comment