Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ANOTHER FORM OF PRAYER BEFORE MEDITATION

Pater and Ave.

MY God, I believe that Thou art here truly present, that Thy divine eyes penetrate the secrets of my heart. Thou seest all its miseries.

I adore Thee in union with holy Mary, all the angels and saints, and all holy souls upon earth.

I deeply grieve for all my sins, especially for those which wound Thy Sacred Heart, and render my heart most unlike Thine.

I offer Thee, O Lord, all I possess: my soul with all its faculties, my body with all its senses. Miserable as this offering is, my God, it is all I have; and in return I ask the light of the Holy Spirit, that I may know Thy will and Thy grace, that I may do it.

I beseech Thee, grant that I may draw fruit from this prayer. Holy Mary, blessed Mother of Jesus, refuge of poor sinners, and my dear Mother, pray for me.

St. Joseph, St. Ignatius, St. Francis Xavier, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment