Tuesday, February 9, 2010

AN ACT OF CONTRITION

O MY God, for the love of Thee, I heartily detest my sins. I am truly sorry for having offended Thee, because Thou art infinitely good. I firmly resolve never to offend Thee again, and by the help of Thy grace to amend my life.

Thank God for all Favors and Offer Yourself to Him.

MY God, Thou hast made me out of nothing, Thou hast redeemed me by the death of Thy Son, Thou hast sanctified me by the grace of Thy Holy Spirit, Thou hast favored me by a call to the religious life, Thou has sent me so many blessings through the Holy Eucharist, Thou hast preserved me and brought me happily to the beginning of another day: I thank Thee, my Lord, most humbly and earnestly for these benefits and for all the graces which Thou hast bestowed upon me. I offer and consecrate to Thee my whole being, and in particular all my thoughts, words, actions, and sufferings this day, beseeching Thee that through the infinite merits of Jesus Christ, my Saviour, they may all be pleasing and acceptable in Thy sight. May Thy divine love animate them, and may they all tend to Thy greater glory.

Resolve to Avoid Sin and to Practise Virtue.


ADORABLE Jesus, my Saviour and Master, model of all perfection, I resolve and will endeavor this day to imitate Thy example, to be, like Thee, mild, humble, chaste, obedient, charitable, and resigned. I will redouble my efforts that I may not fall this day into any of those sins which I have heretofore committed (here name my besetting sin), and which I sincerely desire to forsake.

Ask God for the Necessary Graces.

O MY God, Thou knowest my poverty and weakness, and that I am unable to do anything good with out Thee; deny me not, O God, the help of Thy grace: proportion it to my necessities; give me strength to avoid anything evil which Thou forbiddest, and to practise the good which Thou hast commanded; and enable me to bear patiently all the trials which it may please Thee to send me.

Let us pray for the Holy Church.

O GOD, hear our prayers in behalf of our Holy Father, Pope...., our bishops, our clergy, and for all that are in authority over us. Bless all Religious; bless the whole Catholic Church; convert all heretics and unbelievers; have mercy upon our country. Pour down Thy blessings, O Lord, upon all our friends, relatives, and benefactors. Help the poor and sick, and those who are in their last agony. O God of mercy and goodness, have compassion on the souls of the faithful in purgatory; put an end to their sufferings; and grant to all those for whom we are particularly bound to pray, eternal light, rest, and happiness.

V. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.
R. Et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment