Saturday, February 12, 2011

OFFERING OF MASS AND COMMUNION ON SATURDAYS: The Blessed Virgin Mary



In Honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Mary, Queen of heaven, Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and Mistress of the world, who forsakest no one, and despisest no one, look upon me, O dear Mther of mercy, and my Mother, with an eye of pity, and entreat for me, of thy beloved Son, conversion to that perfection to which God has called me, the virtues of purity and humility, and great confidence in thee. Obtain, likewise, that this Mass and communion may be acceptable to God for the conversion of sinners, especially...; for the increased perfection of each dear sister of this Community, and for our preservance.

MOST holy Virgin, Mother of the Word Incarnate, depositary of graces, and Refuge of sinners, we have recourse to thy maternal love: with a lively faith we ask the grace to do always the will of God and thine. We resign ourselves into thy most sacred hands, and beseech thee to obtain for us the virtues of our state and the grace of a happy death. We confidently hope that thou, O most loving Mother, wilt graciously hear us, and therefore with a lively faith we say, "Hail Mary."

Repeat the Hail Mary three times.

Let us pray.

WE beseech Thee, O Lord, protect Thy servants from every frailty, through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and, as we kneel in humble adoration before Thee and offer Thee our hearts, mercifully guard us against the snares of our enemies, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

 Method of Hearing Mass on Saturday

AT THE BEGINNING

Make acts of contrition, humility, and confidence.

INTROIT

COLLECT. Concede nos. Grant, O Lord, we beseech Thee, that we, Thy servants, may enjoy constant health of body and mind, and by the glorious intercession of blessed Mary, ever Virgin, be delivered from all temporal afflictions, and come to those joys that are eternal. Through, etc.

LESSON. Ecclus. xxiv. 14, 16. From the beginning, and before the world, was I created, and unto the world to come I shall not cease to be, and in the holy dwelling-place I have ministered before Him. And so was I established in Sion, and in the holy city likewise I rested, and my power was in Jerusalem. And I took root in an honorable people, and in the portion of my God His inheritance, and my abode is in the full assembly of saints.

GRADUAL. Thou art blessed, and worthy of our respects, O Virgin Mary, who, without prejudice to thy virginity, didst become the Mother of Our Saviour.

V. O Virgin Mother of God! He Whom the whole world can not contain, became man, and was enclosed in the womb. Alleluia, Alleluia.

V. After child-birth thou didst remain a pure Virgin.
R. O Mother of God, intercede for us!

GOSPEL. In illo loquente Jesu. Luke xi. 27, 28. At that time, as Jesus was speaking to the multitudes, a certain woman from the crowd, lifting up her voice, said to Him: Ble:sed is the womb that bore Thee, and the paps that gave Thee suck. But He said: Yea, rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it.

OFFERTORY. Happy art thou, O holy Virgin Mary, and most worthy of all praise, because from thee arose the Sun of justice, Christ our Lord.

SECRET. May, O Lord, by Thy own mercy and the intercession of blessed Mary, ever a Virgin, this oblation procure us peace and happiness, both in this life, and in that which is to come. Through Jesus Christ, Thy Son.

PRAYER AT THE OFFERTORY

O MERCIFUL God! Who, for the salvation of sinners and the comfort of the afflicted, hast infused into the immaculate heart of the Blessed Virgin sentiments of the tenderest compassion for us, similar to those which predominate in the Heart of Jesus, grant that, by the intercession of our holy patroness, we may imitate our divine Model, and thus becoming ever more pleasing to Thee, may enjoy a foretaste of the joys of heaven. O sweet Jesus! Who tenderly lovest the most holy of virgins, and art most tenderly loved by her, grant, through her intercession, and by the resemblance her immaculate heart bore to Thine, that I may ever love Thee, live but for Thee, and be united to Thee in a happy eternity. Amen.

O holy Mother of Jesus! the most pure of all creatures, in union with all the saints in heaven and all the just on earth, I venerate thee: I consecrate my heart to thee, choosing thee for my Mother, my queen, my advocate, and my guide; I wish to imitate ;hee, and I desire to serve thee with a tender, generous, and filial love. I beseech thee, august and merciful Queen of heaven, to receive me this day as thy child, to assist me in all my undertakings, to succor me all in my wants, to obtain for me purity, humility, charity, patience, obedience, union with God, and perfect submission to His holy will. Comfort and support me, dear Mother, in the hour of my death. Amen.

 THREE OFFERINGS, IN HONOR OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

I. HOLIEST Virgin, with all my heart I worship thee above all the angels and saints in paradise as the daughter of the eternal Father, and to thee I consecrate my soul and all its powers.

Hail Mary, etc.

II. HOLIEST Virgin, with all my heart I worship thee above all the angels and saints in paradise as the Mother of the only-begotten Son, ad to thee I consecrate my body with all its senses.

Hail Mary, etc.

III. HOLIEST Virgin, with all my heart I worship thee above all the angels and saints in paradise as the spouse of the Holy Ghost, and to thee I consecrate my heart and all its affections, praying thee to obtain for me from the ever-blessed Trinity all the graces which I need for my salvation.

Hail Mary, etc.

Indulgence of 300 days, each time, to be gained by those who shall say above prayers to obtain Our Lady s protection in the practice of all holy virtues, and especially of chastity.

Plenary indulgence on usual conditions. Leo XII., Oct. 21, 1823; Pius IX., June 18, 1876.

AT THE PREFACE

DIVINE Jesus, grant me a share in Thy zeal for Thy Father s glory, that in union with the dominations, principalities, and the whole hierarchy of angels, I may anticipate in my exile the ever new canticle, which they incessantly sing in the abode of bliss: Holy, thrice holy, infinitely holy is the Lord of hosts! the heavens and the earth are full of His glory, but His mercies have been exalted above all His works, since Thou, O divine Jesus, hast descended from His bosom, and come in His name to dwell in this valley of tears nay, more, to dwell in unworthy hearts.

AFTER THE ELEVATION

ETERNAL Father! behold Thy beloved Son, my blessed Saviour, Whom I humbly offer to Thy divine Majesty in satisfaction for all my offences and ingratitude.

I offer Thee His purity, His innocence, to atone for my defilement; His humility, for my pride; His zeal, for my tepidity ; and the holiness of His life, for all the imperfections of mine.

O merciful Father! look on the charity of Thy Son; behold how He once offered Himself a bloody sacrifice for my salvation, and how He now offers Himself in an unbloody manner on this altar for the same end. O holy Father! receive this His sacrifice in lieu of all the honor, homage, and gratitude due to Thy goodness from me and all Thy creatures.

O my sweet Saviour! I thank Thee for Thy love and Thy mercy. I thank Thee, also, for all the wondrous prerogatives and dignities which Thou hast conferred on Mary, the Queen of heaven. I love Thee with my whole heart. What pledge of my love can I give Thee? Thou hast asked my heart: take it, Lord Jesus, take it Thou alone, take it all to Thee, take it as Thy due, and my free offering; take it as the present of a child to her father; take it as a holocaust, to be consumed entirely in Thy service.

Invocation: Sancta Virgo Maria Immaculata

SANCTA Virgo Maria Immaculata, Mater Dei, Mater nostra, Tu pro nobis loquere ad Cor Jesu, qui tuus Filius est et Frater noster.
HOLY Virgin Mary Immaculate, Mother of God and our Mother, speak thou for us to the Heart of Jesus, Who is thy Son and our Brother.
Indulgence of 100 days, once a day. Leo XIII., Dec. 20, 1890.

 Ejaculation of St. Philip Neri

VIRGIN Mother of God, Mary, pray to Jesus for me.

Indulgence of 50 days, once a day. Leo XIII., March 29, 1894.
 
Pious Exercise

Pius VII., on Dec. 4, 1815, in order to increase, in all the faithful, devotion toward the sorrows of the most holy Virgin Mary, and to excite in them grateful recollection of the Passion of her Son Jesus, granted to those who, with contrite heart, shall say the Hail Mary seven times, and after each Hail Mary, the stanza,

Sancta mater istud agas,
Crucifixi fige plagas
Cordi meo valide.
Bid me bear, O Mother blessed !
On my heart the wounds impressed
Suffered by the Crucified.

Indulgence of 300 days, once a day; plenary indulgence, on any one day, in each month, on usual conditions.

AT THE AGNUS DEI AND COMMUNION

LAMB of God! have mercy on me, and may the voice of Thy blood plead powerfully in my favor: grant me a secure shelter in Thy sacred wounds; impart to me, in the adorable Sacrament which I am about to receive (if you do not communicate actually, make at least a spiritual communion), that peace which the world can not give, and which can alone be found in union with Thee, O divine Victim! O Jesus, my life and my salvation, when Thou enterest into my heart in holy communion, impress on it the lessons of humility, meekness, patience, charity, and sweetness, so strongly inculcated by Thy precepts and example. O Mary! show thyself now my tender Mother and powerful advocate, that I may receive with faith, purity, fervor, humility, and confidence thy own beloved Son, and my sweet Saviour and Master. O blessed spirits of heaven, and, above all, my dear angel guardian, intercede for me, and supply, by your ardent adorations, for my want of fervor when I receive my Redeemer.

Make an act of contrition, a renewal of vows, and then with fervent aspirations invite your Saviour into your heart.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this - what a gold mine of information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2012
    CDF THERE ARE TWO INTRPRETATIONS OF VATICAN COUNCIL II - YOURS IS THE FALSE ONE
    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2012/07/cdf-there-are-two-intrpretations-of.html#links

    ReplyDelete