Thursday, February 10, 2011

OFFERING OF MASS AND COMMUNION ON THURSDAYS: Blessed Sacrament and Sacred Heart


In Honor of the Blessed Sacrament and the Sacred Heart

COME, O my God, into Thy sanctuary, to seek the food and life of my soul. By the hope Thou commandest me to have in Thee, inspire me with confidence to approach Thy holy mountain; permit me, divine Jesus, to ascend this new Calvary with Thee, that my whole soul may do homage to Thy Majesty; that my heart, with its tenderest affections, may acknowledge Thy infinite love; that my memory may dwell on the admirable mysteries here renewed; and that the sacrifice of my whole being may accompany them. Alas! I am unworthy to join with Thy minister in adoring Thee; but do Thou Thyself assist me, and purify my heart and mind, that I may be entirely employed and occupied about Thee during this holy sacrifice. O Jesus, humbly prostrate before Thee, I adore Thee and offer Thee the holy sacrifice at which I am going to assist, in order to make atonement for the many outrages which Thy divine Heart daily receives in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the altar. I beseech Thee to inflame my heart with a most ardent love of Thee; make me one with Thee; totally transform and change me into Thyself; may nothing in life or death ever separate me from Thee.

 Method of Hearing Mass on Thursday

FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE INTROIT

Make acts of contrition, humility, and confidence.

AT THE INTROIT

O MY God, strengthen me by Thy grace, that I may worthily approach Thy altar and participate in the sacred mysteries. Create in me, O Lord, a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within me. Thou art worthy, O my almighty Creator, of an infinite homage, which my extreme misery and poverty render me incapable of offering; yet I am not destitute, for Jesus, Thy beloved Son, by His profound adorations and incomprehensible humiliations, more than supplies for my deficiencies. O permit me by Him and with Him to prostrate and humble myself before Thy supreme Majesty. I adore Thee with the adorations of my divine Saviour, the only Victim worthy of Thyself, and I rejoice in seeing Thee thus worthily and perfectly honored. I offer this Mass and holy communion in honor of the adorable Sacrament, in reparation for all sacrilegious communions, for Religious, for priests, for those under my care, and to implore for myself the spirit of patience, self-denial, and entire resignation, charity, and unbounded confidence in my Lord and God.

AT THE OFFERTORY

JESUS! Thou hast loved me so tenderly as to leave me Thy Heart in the Eucharist, and this Heart so full of mercy and of love is outraged and pierced incessantly by my ingratitude; but Thou wilt forgive my sins. Oh! yes, I conjure Thee, save my soul, which Thou hast redeemed with Thy precious blood, cleanse me from every stain. I long to be restored to Thy grace and favor. O Sacred Heart of Jesus, inflamed with love of me, inflame my heart with love of Thee! I dedicate myself to Thee for ever my tongue to proclaim Thy favors; my mind to think of Thee, my only Good; my will to desire Thee; and my heart to love Thee alone. I offer Thee the sacrifice of my existence when it may please Thee to call for it, only asking that I may breathe my last sigh in Thy Sacred Heart. I offer Thee, my God, all that I have and all that I am, a miserable sacrifice, but such as it is, I unite it to the great oblation of my divine Saviour, in union with Whose precious blood and merits I dare hope Thou wilt accept my offering.

AT THE PREFACE

O DIVINE Jesus! grant me a share in Thy zeal for Thy Father s glory, that, in union with the dominations, principalities, and the whole hierarchy of angels, I may anticipate in my exile the ever new canticle which they incessantly sing in the abode of bliss: Holy, thrice holy, infinitely holy, is the Lord God of hosts! the heavens and the earth are full of His glory; but His mercies have been exalted above all His works, since Thou, O divine Jesus! hast descended from His bosom and come in His name to dwell in this valley of tears; nay, more, to dwell in unworthy hearts.

AT THE ELEVATION

ADORE Thee at every moment, O living Bread of heaven, great Sacrament! O Jesus! beloved Son of the Virgin Mary, I pray Thee to bless my soul; to Thee I consecrate my heart, O most blessed Jesus! my dear Saviour. Mayest Thou be known, adored, and loved by all, and may thanks be continually given to Thee in the Most Holy and Most August Sacrament.

OH! see upon the altar placed
The Victim of the greatest love!
Let all the earth below adore,

And join the choirs of heaven above.
Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore;
Oh! make us love Thee more and more.

O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament divine,
All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine!
Glory be to the blood of Jesus, now and for ever, and throughout all ages. Amen.

IN PREPARATION FOR HOLY COMMUNION

V. ADORAMUS te, Christe,       V. WE adore Thee, Christ,
et benedicimus tibi.                        and we bless Thee.
Quia per sanctam crucem              Because by Thy holy cross
                         tuam redemisti mundum.               Thou hast redeemed the world.

ADORE Thee, eternal Father, and I give Thee thanks for the infinite love with which Thou didst deign to send Thy only-begotten Son to redeem me, and to become the food of my soul. I offer Thee all the acts of adoration and thanksgiving that are offered to Thee by the angels and saints in heaven and by the just on earth. I praise, love, and thank Thee with all the praise, love, and thanksgiving that are offered to Thee by Thine own Son in the Blessed Sacrament; and I beg Thee to grant that He may be known, loved, honored, praised, and worthily received by all in this Most Divine Sacrament.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father, etc.

I ADORE Thee, eternal Son, and I thank Thee for the infinite love which caused Thee to become man for me, to be born in a stable, to live in poverty, to suffer hunger, thirst, heat, cold, fatigue, hardships, contempt, persecutions, the scourging, the crowning with thorns, and a cruel death upon the hard wood of the cross. I thank Thee with the Church militant and triumphant for the infinite love with which Thou didst institute the Most Blessed Sacrament to be the food of my soul.

I adore Thee in all the consecrated Hosts throughout the whole world, and I return thanks for those who know Thee not and do not thank Thee. Would that I were able to give my life to make Thee known, loved, and honored by all in this Sacrament of love, and to prevent the irreverences and sacrileges that are committed against Thee! I love Thee, divine Jesus, and I desire to receive Thee with all the purity, love, and affection of Thy blessed Mother, and with the love and affection of Thy own moot pure Heart. Grant, O most amiable Spouse of my soul, in coming to me in this Most Holy Sacrament, that I may receive all the graces and blessings which Thou dost come to bestow on us, and let me rather die than receive Thee unworthily.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father, etc.

I ADORE Thee, eternal Holy Ghost, and I give Thee thanks for the infinite love with which Thou didst work the ineffable mystery of the Incarnation, and for the infinite love with which Thou didst form the sacred body of Our Lord Jesus Christ out of the most pure blood of the Blessed Virgin Mary, to become in this Sacrament the food of my soul. I beg Thee to enlighten my mind, and to purify my heart and the hearts of all men, that all may know the benefit of Thy love, and receive worthily this Most Blessed Sacrament.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father, etc.

AGNUS DEI AND COMMUNION

INNOCENT Lamb of God Who takest away the sins of the world, take away mine, I beseech Thee; efface them by Thy great mercy ; purify my soul in the streams of Thy precious blood. O Prince of peace, give me that peace which the world can not give, that peace which is found in Thy love, that peace which neither earth nor hell can deprive me of, unless I forfeit it by sin. O grant me the peace of Thy grace here, and eternal peace hereafter. Amen.

PRAYER

SEE where Thy boundless love has reached, my loving Jesus! Thou, of Thy flesh and precious blood, hast made ready for me a banquet whereby to give me all Thyself. Who drove Thee to this excess of love for me? Thy Heart, Thy loving Heart. O adorable Heart of Jesus, burning furnace of divine love! within Thy sacred wound take Thou my soul; in order that, in that school of charity, I may learn to love that God Who has given me such wondrous proofs of His great love. Amen.

Indulgence of 100 days, once a day. Pius VII., Feb. 9, 1818.

Make an act of contrition, a renewal of vows, and invite your Lord into your heart by fervent aspirations.

AFTER HOLY COMMUNION

Faith and Adoration

MY Lord Jesus Christ! Thou dost now dwell within me. Thou art mine and I am all Thine. I adore Thee with the angels and saints of heaven. Thou art my King; reign Thou alone in me; defend me against the evil spirits and the temptations of the world, that I may serve Thee and love Thee faithfully and never be separated from Thee and Thy sweet dominion over me.

 Thanksgiving

MY Lord Jesus Christ! I thank Thee for the grace which Thou hast bestowed upon me to-day of coming to dwell within me and of nourishing me with Thy sacred body and precious blood.

Saints and angels! in my unworthiness I call upon you to give thanks to God for His great goodness and mercy, and to praise becomingly His holy name. "What shall I render to the Lord for all the things that He hath rendered to me?" (Ps. cxv. 12.)

Love

MY Lord Jesus Christ, how great is Thy love! I now return Thee love for love, according to my ability. I repent with my whole heart of all my offences against Thee, because Thou art infinitely good and deserving of all my love. I desire to love Thee more and more, and I will avoid everything that is displeasing to Thee.
 
Prayer of St. Ignatius

TAKE, O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will. Thou hast given me all that I am and all that I possess ; I surrender it all to Thee that Thou mayest dispose of it according to Thy will. Give me only Thy 15ve and Thy grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will have no more to desire.

Indulgence of 300 days once a day. Pope Leo XIII., May 26, 1883.

 Petitions

Pray for the Holy Father s intentions, for the Catholic Church, for the conversion of sinners, for the holy, suffering souls in purgatory, for your Community, for the Religious Orders, for your special necessities, for your country, for your relatives and benefactors, and for all who have asked you to pray far them. 
 
INDULGENCED PRAYER BEFORE A CRUCIFIX

LOOK down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Thy face I humbly kneel, and with burning soul pray and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope, and charity, true contrition for my sins, and a firm purpose of amendment; and while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Thy five wounds, pondering over them within me, and calling to mind the words which David Thy prophet -said of Thee, my Jesus: "They pierced* my hands and my feet; they numbered all my bones." (Ps. xxi. 17, 18.)

A plenary indulgence, which can be applied to the souls in purgatory, may be gained by the faithful who, after having confessed their sins with sorrow and received holy communion, shall devoutly recite the above prayer before an image or picture of Christ crucified, and pray for the intentions of the Holy Father. Pius IX., July 31, 1858.
 
 PRAYER: O JESUS, LIVING IN MARY

O Jesu, vivens in Maria, veni et vive in famulis tuis, in Spiritus sanctitatis tuae, in plenitudine virtutis tuae, in veritate virtutum tuarum, in perfectione viarum tuarum, in communione mysteriorum tuorum, dominare omni adversae potestate in Spiritu tuo ad gloriam Patris.  Amen.
O Jesus, who dost live in Mary, come and live in Thy servants, in the spirit of Thine own holiness, in the fulness of Thy power, in the reality of Thy virtues, in the perfection of Thy ways, in the communion of Thy mysteries, - have Thou dominion over every adverse power, in Thine own Spirit, to the glory of Thy Father.  Amen.

Indulgence of 300 days, once a day. Pius IX.. Oct. 14, 1859.
 
PRAYER: O MOST COMPASSIONATE JESUS.

CLEMENTISSIME Jesu, salus, vita, resurrectio nostra tu solus es. Te ergo quaesumus ne derelinquas nos in angustiis et perturbationibus nostris, sed per agoniam cordis tui sanctissimi et per dolores matris tuae immaculatae tuis famulis subveni, quos pretioso sanguine redemisti.
O MOST compassionate Jesus! Thou alone art our salvation, our life, and our resurrection. We implore Thee, therefore, do not forsake us in our needs and afflictions, but, by the agony of Thy most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of Thy immaculate Mother, succor Thy servants whom Thou hast redeemed by Thy most precious blood.
Indulgence of 100 days, once a day. Pius IX., Oct. 6, 1870.

No comments:

Post a Comment